Thursday 7 May 2009

666.667 Club - Noir Désir



666667 Club is an album by French rock band Noir Désir. It was released in France and other European countries on 17 December 1996. The album was certified double platinum in France on 17th September 1997, which at the time signified sales of above 600,000.


It is a hard politically, primarily against the Front National (a stupid French far-right, nationalist political party): "FN pain / We are fine in France" from the title Un Jour en France.

The refrain of the song performed by The Poppy Love, Lioubov, love, Love, love, love, told in America; Lioubov in ex-Soviet Russia; love to the four corners of France, was taken over by Noir Désir to the end of the song L'homme pressé.

The Hungarian violinist Félix Lajkó played for few song on this disc, especially the song Ernestine.

L'homme pressé:

L'homme pressé is a title of Black Desire album appeared on the 666,667 Club, winning "Song of the Year" in 1998 to the victories of the music.

In this song Noir Désir criticism globalization and capitalism. In the video, the four members of the group parody a boy band dance, very fashionable at that time.



Lyrics of The Hurry Man:


I’m a frozen model
With a tanned skin
Hurry man
My bullshits uttered
Are the destiny of the world
I don’t have time, I go off
My career is at stake
I’m the media man
I’m more than political
I’m going fast, very fast
I’m an universal human comet
I cross time
I’m a reference
I’m omnipresent
I invaded the world
That I don’t know
No matter, I talk about it
No matter, I know
Human are at my feet
Potentially 8 billions
of slave idiots
Except some of my friends
Of the same world than mine
You can’t imagine
Of happy they are
Chorus:Who wants me
And crumbs of my brain?
Who wants to enter
In the web of my network? Daily activist
Of inhumanity
Of instant profits
Of medias’ favor
I’m rich, very rich
I’m in the real estate business
I’m making money
There’re some people who can pay
I know the upper crust of Paris
And the others also
My unique friends
And their women that I..
See, of course. I know stock exchange secrets
There is no secret for me
I’m the King of kings
exploded audience ratings
And what do you think
It’s my way, it’s my luck
I love shows
On television
No time to watch them
But I make them
We spit food
On those starving eyes
You see what they ask
We know they are eager
Of our rottenness
Better than casting pearls
Before swine. Chorus You know who I am
An hurry man x3
I am
An hurry man x3
Chorus
Couplet

”Love Love Love”
People say in America
”Lioubov”
In Russia
”Amour”
at the four corners of France


Un jour en France:

In this song, Noir Désir maintains its positions against the National Front.

No comments:

Post a Comment